Sunday, March 24, 2013

Blog Assignment #9

Chalk board

First Year, First Mistakes

     In Mr. McClung's first year blog post he addresses the mistakes he made in his first year of teaching. This mistakes are not just mistakes he made but ones many teachers make. These mistakes include: worrying more about content than teaching, wanting to be perfect, lack of communication, setting unreachable goals for students, fearing technology, not listening and being set in your ways. This post made me think. What am I going to do my first year? How will I avoid this mistakes? What mistakes will I make? I am ready for that year. It will be filled with learning and mistakes but I know I can do it.

Students First

     In this blog post McClung speaks on the importance of teaching for the students not your peers and challenging your lessons. These mean making sure your students enjoy your lessons is more important than making sure other teachers do and being sure to not become complacent in your lessons. Keep them interesting and up to date. These two things are definitely things I do not want to fall into. It is very important to me to constantly be creating lessons that my students will enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carmen
    I too am worried about my first year of teaching and definitely plan on using many of Mr. McClung's reflections as a guide. Good post but I think you mixed up "these" and "this" several times in the first paragraph.
    Sincerely,
    Paula McKinney

    ReplyDelete