Sunday, April 7, 2013

Blog Assignment #11

Technology in EducationTechhnology?

    I really enjoyed hearing the Skype conversation between EDM 310 and Ms. Cassidy. I agree with her completely as she stated you cannot teach the students of this generation with the same methods as twenty years ago. Technology is here for our use. It is what we make it. We must use it to our advantage. I will differently have a class blog set up for my students where I will post extra things for them to look at or use if the need help or are interested in that subject. I have not, yet decided if I will have my students incorporate blogging into my classroom. I would if I could just figure out a solid idea on how I want to effectively integrate it into their studies so that it is an aid to them instead of a burden. I have not reached that point quite yet so I'm more hesitant to that method of teaching.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with your blog post. Technology is not going away, and the same methods that teachers used many years ago are not necessarily going to work for today's generation of students. I also plan on having a class blog where my students will be able to find extra information or receive help on difficult topics. I can see where you would be hesitant about having your students blog. Since I am planning on teaching math, I cannot think of very many ways that I could incorporate student blogging into my classroom. I enjoyed reading your blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you watch the video assigned for Part 1?

    ReplyDelete