Sunday, April 21, 2013

Blog Assignment #13

Blended Learning Cycle

    I really enjoyed watching Paul Anderson's video. It helped me finally figure out a way I could effectively use technology and blogging in my classroom. He used the acronym QuIVERS to follow the path in which students should learn a concept. QuIVERS stands for Question, Investigate, Video, Expand, Review, and Summary quiz. In this the teacher creates a question for the students. The student then investigate the question by asking why. They then are able to look into videos for explanations then they expand their information and understanding of the matter. The teacher then reviews it with the student by asking thought provoking questions. After the students have obtained all this information they take a summary quiz that they maybe be graded for their understanding of the subject.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed watching the video also! It helps me to associate concepts to individual letters such as QuIVERS.

    ReplyDelete